Frequently Asked Questions
- We have no “ready-made” covers: All Potato Skins slipcovers are custom made.
- We recommend SEAT Cushions come off your Chair or Sofa for a Casual Cover to work.
- Covers take approximately 3 weeks to make. We need to keep your cushion cases for the duration of the order process.
- All our prices INCLUDE fabric and labour. You may also supply your own material. (See below)
- All our covers are machine washable, stainguarded and preshrunk. (The scotchguard wears off, after 2-3 washings you may want to retreat the fabric.
- We do not restuff, reshape, wrap or add down filling to your existing cushions. You can look in the Yellow Pages under Foam or Feathers to find experts that can provide these services for you…. Then we will make new cases
- If your back or side cushions look like they should be detachable but are not, just measure over top of them. If you prefer, you can cut them off and cover them separately.
- Wing chairs fit better in a custom cover as the wings are difficult to shape and keep tucked in on a Casual Cover.
- Copying an existing slipcover is CUSTOM work since we have to open and recut the pattern, hand-cut piping, pleats, etc.
- If you are unsure what a Casual Cover will look like; remove any loose cushions, drape a sheet over the furniture’s frame, tuck and drape the sheet as well as possible and then replace the cushions.
- All of our CASUAL Potato Skins have fitted arm caps and custom zippered cushion cases.
- A 50% deposit is required on all orders. We welcome payment by cash, Visa, Mastercard or Debit Card.
- If you have any other questions, please call us at (416) 484-6299, or fax us at (416) 484-6221 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|SUPPLYING YOUR OWN MATERIAL?
Use this chart to calculate the amount of fabric you’ll need.
|ITEM||LEFT TO RIGHT MEASUREMENT (1)||FABRIC REQUIRED|
|Chair||Up to 90″ (228cm)||6 Yards or 5.5 Mtrs. for Frame*|
|Love Seat, Large Chair||91″ – 120″ (305cm)||8 Yds. or 7.5 Mtrs for Frame*|
|Sofa||121″ – 140″ (355cm)||9 Yds or 8.5 Mtrs. for Frame*|
|XL Sofa||141″ – 180″ (454cm)||10.5 Yds or 9.5 Mtrs. for Frame*|
|*Don’t forget to ADD in your Cushion Cases, Arm Caps and Piping to Frame Quantity!|
|Seat/Back Case||Up to 30″ Wide||1.25 Yds or 1 Mtr. per Case|
|Armcaps/Throw Cushions||2-16″ x 16″ Cases||1 Yd or 1 Mtr. / 2 Cases|
|Throw Cushions||2-20″ x 20″ Cases||1.25 Yds or 1 Mtr. / 2 Cases|
|Ottoman/Footstool||Approx. 25″ x 25″ x15″ High||3 Yds — Includes Piping|
(on cushion seat/back/armcap/throw 16″ or 20″)
|— 0.75 Yd – for
2 Seat/Back Cases– 0.5 Yd — 2 Armcaps or 2 Throw Cases
|If you are supplying you own fabric it must be at least 54″ or wider and preferably a poly-cotton blend. We also suggest that you wash it first.
For fabric that has to be matched (stripes) — buy extra. i.e. Love seat sofa bed measured 145″ with two seat and two back cushions. You would need approximately 10.5 yards of fabric for the base, 6 yds for seat and back cushions and arm caps and 2 yds for piping, for a total of approximately 18.5 yds. Allow a little extra if pre-shrinking.
Chairs, sofa beds or rounded arm furniture often need larger covers for the extra contours. If you fall in-between dimensions i.e. measured 136″ for a love seat choose the next largest size…sofa at 140″.
Sectional sofas are often missing one arm or have no arms at all. Simply provide the same measurements. For sectionals with a sofa bed and one arm is missing, indicate this when you order your cover.